Re: Using LDAP Authentication

Date: 08/06/02

Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:40:34 -0400
From: <>
To: Helder Miguel Rodrigues <>

If what you need is for you ldap server to authenticate into active directory,
you will need to have it use an account which is stored in active directory.

If what you need is for your win2k profesional system to authenticate to
active directory using ldap for network services, it can't, it authenticates
using Kerberos tickets.

If what you want is for an authenticated session of your win2k professional
system to pass to your ldap server cached credentials, first you will need to
get that ldap server to understand kerberos and then integrate that into the
kerberos trust of your windows 2000 domain.

To properly help you, I need more information what it is you are trying to do.

On Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:50:22 +0100 Helder Miguel Rodrigues <>

Please read this document, i think that will help you!

Best Regards,

At 16:50 03-08-2002 +0530, Nizam wrote:
>I have a LDAP server at my client end .I need to login to their AD servers
>via LDAP authentication through my Win2k workstation (128 Kbps intranet).
>I have no experience using this LDAP.
>Is there any security that I need to do in my Win2k server?
>What are the configuration that I should do in my Win2k server or
>I would appreciate if u could point me in the direction.

Helder Miguel Rodrigues
Administrador de Sistemas
Núcleo de Sistemas Informáticos
Instituto Superior Técnico - Taguspark
Universidade Técnica de Lisboa
+351 21 42 33 258

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FreeBSD to authenticate against Active Directory
    ... FreeBSD to authenticate against Active Directory (in my case ... configure every service separately to use Active Directory or could I ... like having a Unix ldap server doing a one way sync with AD (meaning, ...
  • Re: USE of ADFS
    ... but have users in y domain, you cannot authenticate users from y domain ... unless you specify that domains ldap server. ... All domains in the forest trust each other. ... I don't know if ADFS would really help you here or not. ...
  • Re: Directory Server LDAP/LDIF import - working yet not working???
    ... > authenticate the users, pam_unix retrieves the crypted password and ... we are keeping root and other system-level ... I gave idsconfig all of the information for a proxyagent ... ldap_simple_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server ...
  • Re: Authenticating to Kerberos
    ... > Are there any modules that I could use to authenticate against Kerberos ... an LDAP server checks the same "password" as the Kerberos Domain ... Controller (e.g. MS AD or heimdal KDC with OpenLDAP backend). ...
  • Remoting_InternalError
    ... a module is connecting to LDAP server to authenticate a ... [Resource lookup failed - infinite recursion detected. ...