Re: Using LDAP Authentication

From: wbjw@mindspring.com
Date: 08/06/02

Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:40:34 -0400
From: <wbjw@mindspring.com>
To: Helder Miguel Rodrigues <hmgr@netcabo.pt>

If what you need is for you ldap server to authenticate into active directory,
you will need to have it use an account which is stored in active directory.

If what you need is for your win2k profesional system to authenticate to
active directory using ldap for network services, it can't, it authenticates
using Kerberos tickets.

If what you want is for an authenticated session of your win2k professional
system to pass to your ldap server cached credentials, first you will need to
get that ldap server to understand kerberos and then integrate that into the
kerberos trust of your windows 2000 domain.

To properly help you, I need more information what it is you are trying to do.

On Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:50:22 +0100 Helder Miguel Rodrigues <hmgr@netcabo.pt>
wrote:

Please read this document, i think that will help you!
http://www.linuxjournal.com//print.php?sid=5689

Best Regards,

At 16:50 03-08-2002 +0530, Nizam wrote:
>I have a LDAP server at my client end .I need to login to their AD servers
>via LDAP authentication through my Win2k workstation (128 Kbps intranet).
>I have no experience using this LDAP.
>
>Is there any security that I need to do in my Win2k server?
>
>What are the configuration that I should do in my Win2k server or
workstation?

>I would appreciate if u could point me in the direction.
>
>Regards,
>Muddin.

Helder Miguel Rodrigues
Administrador de Sistemas