Synchronising NT User Accounts with a database.

From: Chris Reeve (christopher@xko-online.com)
Date: 08/02/02

From: "Chris Reeve" <christopher@xko-online.com>
To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:36:06 +0100

Morning All,

Just looking for some advice/pointers, and I was wondering if any of you
could help?

I need to synchronise NT user accounts with a database table (that holds
username and full name information). By this I mean I need an admin to
add/delete/edit NT user accounts via the PDC and then for this
information to be applied to a database table.

Additional points.
- I don't mind using any third party code, although I would prefer for
there to be some clever MS proprietary way
- I don't mind if the admin has to do some additional task(s) but I
would like to keep it to a minimum
- The synchronisation is only required one way. NT > Database. There
will be no need for this to work the other way

Info.
- Database is SQL Sever 2000
- PDC and database are different machines

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to post directly to me.

Thanks in advance

Chris

---

  • Re: MS ActiveSync and Delphi
    ... I don't think you'll find RAPI will be useful for database synchronisation ... as such, it will enable you to run PDA applications, test whether PDA apps ... Delphi app to synchronise changes between My desktop database application ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Synchronising Outloook with Access events database
    ... collection of any folders I was interested in and handle the ItemChange and ... > Outlook 2000 and an Access 2000 database. ... > individual event so as to be able to synchronise these with the ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Synchronising Outloook with Access events database
    ... I am trying to synchronise the management of events between ... Outlook 2000 and an Access 2000 database. ... Based on my investigations so ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Synchronising Outloook with Access events database
    ... I am trying to synchronise the management of events between ... Outlook 2000 and an Access 2000 database. ... Based on my investigations so ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • acCmdSynchronizeNow hangs.
    ... This works every time I synchronise my database with its replicated one in Hungary. ... When Im using acCmdSynchronizeNow in a Button, the synchronisation starts (has to shut down the databse to synchronise) and than stays down. ... On Error GoTo mcrNuSynchroniseren_Err ...
    (microsoft.public.access.replication)