Re: Good software against spam

From: steve (
Date: 07/31/02

From: "steve" <>
To: <>, <c_brauckmiller@LEK.COM>, "'Jean-Francois Bourdeau'" <>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:35:01 -0400

I know you are going to get "beat up" by the list members about that comment
on killing businesses through filtering. I know in our case related to
attachment blocking we have not had one request from a recipient to have an
attachment moved out of quarantine, the recipients receive the email with
the potential virus attachment stripped and replaced by a text message about
the possible virus/worm attachment. In our case our attachment
blocking/filtering is based on a corporate approved policy and we block
about 3 dozen attachment extensions.

There is no one PURE way to fight spam or viruses/worms without using a
layered approach at the border and desktop. Relying simply on desktop
products is foolish.