RE: Strange event showing up...

From: Mark L. Jackson (codewizard@lvcm.com)
Date: 07/07/02

From: "Mark L. Jackson" <codewizard@lvcm.com>
To: "Christopher K. Casey" <crscasey@attbi.com>, "Free, Bob" <RWF4@pge.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 23:43:42 -0700

This is AOL. (maybe AOLIM also). It appears when you access AOL through your
LAN (maybe even a dial up to another ISP).

//
// Event Type: Information
// Event Source: RemoteAccess
// Event Category: None
// Event ID: 20158
// Date: 7/4/2002
// Time: 4:56:56 PM
// User: N/A
// Computer: THEBRAIN2K
// The user User Name successfully established a connection to The
// Internet (2)
// using the device IRDA6-1.
// ----------------------------------------------------------------
// ------------
// ----------------------------------------
//
// Event Type: Information
// Event Source: RemoteAccess
// Event Category: None
// Event ID: 20159
// Date: 7/4/2002
// Time: 4:57:04 PM
// User: N/A
// Computer: THEBRAIN2K
// The connection to The Internet (2) made by user User Name using device
// IRDA6-1 was disconnected.
//
//
//
// To elaborate further The computer is running Win2k Pro fully
// patched and has
// no IR or wireless connections. These events happen in 2 to 5
// min intervals
// and hold no pattern. If there is a patch to this could someone
// direct me to
// it there is nothing on the Win update page. Thank you all for the quick
// response and your time...
//
//
// Hello to all I seem to have hit upon a mystery. In reviewing my event
// viewer
// I am receiving the following event
//
// EVENT ID 20158 Time 13:07 Source Remote Access The user User Name
// successfully established a connection to The Internet (2) using the
// device
// IRDA6-1.
// (Please note I only have one internet connection and nic card and no
// infrared devices that I know of, and not a wireless nic)
// Then I get:
// ID 20159 Time 13:11 Source Remote access The connection to The Internet
// (2)
// made by user User Name using device IRDA6-1 was disconnected.
// If anyone could shed some light on this I would be most grateful. Thank
// you
// in advance!
//
//