Re: Strange event showing up...

From: Sedat DOĞRU (sdogru@blue-tec.net)
Date: 07/05/02

Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:46:55 +0200
From: Sedat DOĞRU <sdogru@blue-tec.net>
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

Hello,
It may sound a little bit stupid but is your computer close the an IR
source, like a handy or digital camera or something else ? I think,
explicitly setting an IR connection is not a must for IR connection with
an IRDA device to occur. Windows may have automatically configured it
when it met an IRDA device (of course an IR port is a must(visible to
you or not) )

--
Sedat Dogru

Relevant Pages

  • IRDA event. Any ideas why this is happening?
    ... At the time of this connection I was running ethereal to see ... The user User Name successfully established a connection to The Internet ... using the device IRDA9-1. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Strange event showing up...
    ... The user User Name successfully established a connection to The Internet ... Subject: Strange event showing up... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Strange event showing up...
    ... It appears when you access AOL through your ... // The user User Name successfully established a connection to The ... // The connection to The Internet made by user User Name using device ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Strange event showing up...
    ... In reviewing my event viewer ... successfully established a connection to The Internet using the device ... (Please note I only have one internet connection and nic card and no ... made by user User Name using device IRDA6-1 was disconnected. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Strange event showing up...