Strange event showing up...

From: Christopher K. Casey (crscasey@attbi.com)
Date: 07/04/02

From: "Christopher K. Casey" <crscasey@attbi.com>
To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 03:15:53 -0400

Hello to all I seem to have hit upon a mystery. In reviewing my event viewer
I am receiving the following event

EVENT ID 20158 Time 13:07 Source Remote Access The user User Name
successfully established a connection to The Internet (2) using the device
IRDA6-1.
 (Please note I only have one internet connection and nic card and no
infrared devices that I know of, and not a wireless nic)
Then I get:
 ID 20159 Time 13:11 Source Remote access The connection to The Internet (2)
made by user User Name using device IRDA6-1 was disconnected.
If anyone could shed some light on this I would be most grateful. Thank you
in advance!

Relevant Pages

  • how are they getting into my machine?
    ... >>the user User Name successfully established a ... Run windows update and get all ... >stuff in event viewer means, ... you "establish a remote connection" YOURSELF-i.e. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Strange event showing up...
    ... (Please note I only have one internet connection and nic card and no ... made by user User Name using device IRDA6-1 was disconnected. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Strange event showing up...
    ... explicitly setting an IR connection is not a must for IR connection with ... > (Please note I only have one internet connection and nic card and no ... >made by user User Name using device IRDA6-1 was disconnected. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Remote Access
    ... I show numerous logs that show the following in my Event Viewer; ... The user User Name successfully established a connection to The Internet using the device IRDA11-1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Perplexed: Samba and Wirlessnetworking. Simple yet I cannot make it workl. Please input your ideas
    ... Browse windows XP shares. ... Connection times out!. ... PCMCIA ETHO Nic card and USB wifi ETH1 ... pc, I am able to ping the window$ box, ping the gateway, browse the ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)