RE: Can I shut down individual TCP connections?

From: Scott Weeks (surfer@mauislanwanman.com)
Date: 07/02/02

Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:45:15 -1000 (HST)
From: Scott Weeks <surfer@mauislanwanman.com>
To: "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon@eadvancemed.com>

Thanks Keith,

However it seems the PID is the same for many TCP connections:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>netstat -o -p tcp

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State PID
TCP Lono:3151 simmerhawaii.com:http ESTABLISHED 1524
TCP Lono:3153 simmerhawaii.com:http ESTABLISHED 1524
TCP Lono:3154 simmerhawaii.com:http ESTABLISHED 1524
TCP Lono:3155 45-14-241-63.swell.com:http ESTABLISHED 1524
TCP Lono:3156 simmerhawaii.com:http ESTABLISHED 1524
TCP Lono:3157 216.205.95.253:http ESTABLISHED 1524
TCP Lono:3158 216.235.33.200:http ESTABLISHED 1524
TCP Lono:3159 unassigned.alabanza.com:http SYN_SENT 1524

I use Pine on UNIX, so to see the table formatted well, you'd need to use
a font like Courier...

scott

: Not with the click of a button, but it should be possible. Netstat on XP now has the -o switch, which will show the PID associated with the connection. You can try issuing "netstat -o -p tcp" and then killing that process.
:
: Cheers
:
: Keith