Can I shut down individual TCP connections?

From: Scott Weeks (surfer@mauislanwanman.com)
Date: 07/02/02

Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 07:33:25 -1000 (HST)
From: Scott Weeks <surfer@mauislanwanman.com>
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

Hello Everyone,

Please let me know where to go if this isn't the correct place to ask
this type of question.

I'd like to be able to terminate particular TCP sessions and not affect
any others. For example, I saw the following tonight:

    TCP Lono:3280 andybent.com:http SYN_SENT
    TCP Lono:3281 sanaga.itu.ch:http ESTABLISHED

and I wanted to kill the andybent.com session. (Who the hell is this
anyway?) All I could really do is kill my connection to my ISP and
terminate every TCP connection. Anyway to do kill just one or a couple
of the existing TCP sessions without affecting the others?

Thanks,
scott

ps. I was asked to provide info like the OS, etc. I'm rumming XP home
edition 2002 (unfortunately) on a gateway (major cheapie) with an intel
celeron 1.2Ghz. I'd assume, though, that there'd be a dos command that'd
run across most all flavors and not just across a stripped down and
tweaked nt which is what xp home edition is...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can I shut down individual TCP connections?
    ... My suggestion is that you can kill the process that has the connection ... > of the existing TCP sessions without affecting the others? ... > tweaked nt which is what xp home edition is... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Can I shut down individual TCP connections?
    ... Can I shut down individual TCP connections? ... and I wanted to kill the andybent.com session. ... of the existing TCP sessions without affecting the others? ... tweaked nt which is what xp home edition is... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Can I shut down individual TCP connections?
    ... Can I shut down individual TCP connections? ... I'd like to be able to terminate particular TCP sessions and not affect ... and I wanted to kill the andybent.com session. ... tweaked nt which is what xp home edition is... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Can I shut down individual TCP connections?
    ... However it seems the PID is the same for many TCP connections: ... and I wanted to kill the andybent.com session. ... of the existing TCP sessions without affecting the others? ... tweaked nt which is what xp home edition is... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Detect End Process in application
    ... viruses that when you kill the process it starts right back up. ... So my previous answer "No it can't be done" might be wrong, all depends on why the user decides to use 'Taskman' to terminate an application, let me explain. ... The latter cannot be trapped, simply because no more user code will run in that process, the user portion of a process is cleaned up without returning a thread quantum to the process,. ...