RE: Help me and my ISA server

From: Gallant, David (dave@bkm.ca)
Date: 06/10/02

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:40:43 -0300
From: "Gallant, David" <dave@bkm.ca>
To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

ISA requires 2 nic's to do its job properly...one connected to your
private network and the other connected to the public internet (or a
DMZ).

The LAT is used to determine how ISA routes internal requests. If the
IP address that is requested is within the LAT, it determines it to be
the private (internal) addresses (or local requests), anything else is
external and needs to be sent out. This helps in that the ISA does not
have to rely on a routing table to do its job, because even though ISA
routes requests...it's not a router. At no time should there be live
Internet addresses included in the LAT.

Once you have the second network card in, you create destination sets
and rules for inbound -> outbound requests for internal clients and
web/server publishing rules for outbound -> inbound requests from
client/customers.

ISA has many wizards to get you through.

Check out www.isaserver.org and the MS (ISA Server) newsgroups for extra
help
(http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/community/newsgroups/default.asp).
Both are great resources.