Re: No browsing group

From: Jens Mickerts (j.mickerts@gmx.net)
Date: 05/22/02

Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:21:12 +0200 (MEST)
From: Jens Mickerts <j.mickerts@gmx.net>
To: Ronald Balk <rbalk@borland.com>

Hi,

you can Subnet your network and maybe you can use the trainer's PC (if there
is one) as a Firewall for the training room and separate the training
environment from the rest of the LAN, if you can afford to have a second NIC in
this PC. You might use Kerio WinRoute to do so. It would be also possible to use
a simple Proxy like Sambar to provide Internet Access to the training
environment, if you disable IP-Forwarding this might be also sufficient for your
needs.

Kind regards,

Jens

> Hello All,
>
> I am setting up a training room.
> All pc's (w2k pro, no domain) are connected to a switch. I want to give
> these computers
> access to internet. I don't want them to browse the network (A.D.).
> Currently I have configured the switch and I enable/disable the upload
> port
> when necessary
> I hope there is a finer way to do this.
>

> Best regards,

> Borland
> Ronald Balk
> IS Administrator Northern, Eastern and Southern Europe, Africa and Middle
> East
> Van Heuven Goedhartlaan 935 - 1181 LD Amstelveen - The Netherlands
> mailto:rbalk@borland.com, http://www.borland.com/
> Tel : +31.20.503.5104
> Fax : +31.20.503.5170
> --------
> Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers have the
> freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across
> the enterprise and the Internet. http://www.borland.com
> -------
> Don't miss the 8th Annual Borland® Conference, October 28-29th, in
> London. Numerous sessions are being offered to help you enable the new
> digital world with best-in-class solutions for Web Services, Java™
> technologies, mobile and enterprise computing, cross-platform
> development, .Net™ and J2EE™ platform technologies, and more! Register
> today! www.borconeurope2002.com
> This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by
> the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
> confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of
> this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
> immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of any
> e-mail and any printout thereof.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: IP block
    ... sub netted IP addresses for the temporary training room, ... and keep them separate from the rest of your network; ... provide better security, ... applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: No browsing group
    ... Get your training room's proxy server to up-stream to your regular proxy or route out to the internet. ... You could always get a switch here, or a clever hub and filter out everything but port 80 on one particular hub/switch port. ... I am setting up a training room. ... I don't want them to browse the network. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Simple LAN Routing Problem
    ... Private network LAN is 10.0.11.x snm 255.255.255.0. ... ServerMain is hosting AD and DNS. ... Clients in training room are XP pro with SP2 and Win 2003 Server. ...