About ping request?

From: Ceyhun KIRMIZITAS (ceyhun@ieee.metu.edu.tr)
Date: 05/17/02

Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 21:37:38 +0300 (EEST)
From: Ceyhun KIRMIZITAS <ceyhun@ieee.metu.edu.tr>
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

Hello,
My question is about ping request. I want to block ping request if it
comes from outside and I want to be able to ping other hosts.In other
words, I want to block all ping request one way only.

How can I do that? I have been already tried to do something with IPSec,
TCP/IP filters etc.
If there are anyone who know how to to do this, please tell me the way.

Thank you
Ceyhun Kirmizitas

Relevant Pages

  • Re: About ping request?
    ... >My question is about ping request. ... I want to block ping request if it ... He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a ... And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: About ping request?
    ... ICMP protocol can be blocked via the IPSec filtering not ... With TCP/IP filtering, ICMP traffic will still be allowed ... Try IPSec Security Policy in W2K. ... >My question is about ping request. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)