RE: XP or not XP - enterprise desktop?

From: Greene, Michael (MGreene@lrs.com)
Date: 05/17/02

From: "Greene, Michael" <MGreene@lrs.com>
To: 'Joachim Nasslander aka count' <count@nullsession.com>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:32:25 -0500

Absolutely. In fact, you can more appropriately configure the security on
these items to take a predetermined action.

Such as:
Automatic updates - only check the local Corporate Update Server for updates
once a day, and automatically apply transparently to the user.
Error reporting - don't ever check with the user, just send the reports to
Microsoft transparently, or don't send at all.
Remote Control - only allow administrator's to remotely view or control
workstations.

This is by no means the extent of the new Group Policies, but the policies I
have given here directly address those you mentioned.