XP or not XP - enterprise desktop?

From: David Walker (david.walker@rosebank-house.co.uk)
Date: 05/16/02

From: David Walker <david.walker@rosebank-house.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 22:44:49 GMT
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

I would like to hear opinions on the following (subjective or objective
but hopefully with some supporting commentary):

Has Windows XP reached a sufficient level of stability and security for
it to be the preferred choice for deploying a new enterprise wide (5000
seats) desktop or would Windows 2000 be the better choice?

Thanks,
Dave Walker
david.walker@rosebank-house.co.uk

Relevant Pages

  • Re: who is to blame?
    ... >> People get the opportunity every time they walk in and buy a Windows ... Perhaps you missed where I said "Maybe the preferred choice"? ... >> sells both and the overwhelming majority of computer sales will be PC. ... > make an informed choice and we have no way of knowing what their ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: XP or not XP - enterprise desktop?
    ... be imported into Windows 2000 DCs, ... There is also the application compatibility technologies, ... XP or not XP - enterprise desktop? ... it to be the preferred choice for deploying a new enterprise wide (5000 ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: XP or not XP - enterprise desktop?
    ... reliable initial Windows OS release I have seen, it can be used for production ... > server network and they have already been bitten by one ... > XP - enterprise desktop? ... > it to be the preferred choice for deploying a new enterprise wide (5000 ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: XP or not XP - enterprise desktop?
    ... all Windows. ... server network and they have already been bitten by one ... It just logs them in with cached ... it to be the preferred choice for deploying a new enterprise wide (5000 ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: I want to be convinced; convince me.
    ... Nightly reboots are needed for stability ... >> Why is a windows system more robust than a Linux or OS X system? ... > None of this has anything to do with stability. ... > cooling like Apple does, your system wouldn't be very loud either. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)