Re: SSL directory structure issue

From: Dexter Faraira (dexter_faraira@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/16/02

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:09:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dexter Faraira <dexter_faraira@yahoo.com>
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

Hello All,

I saw the quotes "It is important to avoid having a
server directory not protected by SSL as a parent for
a secure directory" in Microsfot TechNet.

Please see the TechNet article last paragraph:
Suggestions for SSL Configuration and Operation
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/prodtechnol/iis/deploy/projplan/iischp5.asp

Is it required to put SSL on parent directory? Can I
get any comments/documents to prove the case?

I would appreciate your help.
Dexter

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Sent mail does not show up in sent items folder
    ... I have Windows Vista Home Premium on an HP laptop. ... Yahoo is provider. ... sternly directing me to activate SSL on my email settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: x.509 & key_verify()
    ... Version of x.509 patch ... Version of SSL ... >>to different sig types, key lengths, and SSL just ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
    (SSH)
  • RE: SSL directory structure issue
    ... Subject: SSL directory structure issue ... > that redirects the user to the secure folder. ... > Is it required to put SSL on parent directory? ... > Do You Yahoo!? ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • IE6 WinXP HOME EDITION SP2
    ... As a result his IE browser will not hit any https \ SSL sites (i.e... ... HOWEVER he is able to get to his yahoo mail via yahoo console, ...
  • Re: A seemingly dumb question! Gotta ask
    ... So I would have to go to Yahoo to check, ... then another ordinary mail client on Linux should ... You've mentioned "SSL" but that's a vague description. ... it's not a transfer protocol. ...
    (Fedora)