Re: msxml3.dll file version to high after applying set of

From: Bronek Kozicki (brok@rubikon.pl)
Date: 04/10/02

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:22:31 +0200
From: Bronek Kozicki <brok@rubikon.pl>
To: Eric <ews@tellurian.net>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com

> the msxml3 patch was re-released - latest version is 9415. I'm releasing
> the updated mssecure.xml file in a few minutes.

I noticed the same thing. However, MS has not updated MS02-008 nor Q318203
article - nor even .xml file you had to deliver yourself.
One need to guess (or check manually) what is the difference between
build 9415 and 9307 to know what had happend. Is there any other
vulnerability ? Some other problem that had to be fixed ?

It would be at least nice, if Microsoft updates Q318203 article and put there
correct build number in the "file version" table. At this moment one may guess,
that this patch was updated "behind back" of Knowledge Base. Or maybe its just
effect of some "viral activity" in Microsoft internal network, as it already
happened once ? ;>>>>>

B.