Re: Group Policy denies access to some programs

From: Laura A. Robinson (larobins@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 04/09/02

From: "Laura A. Robinson" <larobins@bellatlantic.net>
To: <comprepsrv@yahoo.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 23:54:52 -0400

Okay, realizing now that you're not saying that Group Policy is what is
denying the users the ability to run the programs, I have a different
suggestion. Take a look at the compatws.inf security template. It is
designed to be applied to Windows 2000 pro boxes to allow legacy apps to run
properly (it loosens some of the registry and NTFS permissions on shared
locations). You can use group policy to deploy it if it proves successful in
allowing the applications in question to run.

Laura