Re: Detailed Port Filtering

From: Joseph Brown (emailjoebrown@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/05/02

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:01:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Joseph Brown <emailjoebrown@yahoo.com>
To: Kevin Kaminski <Kevin.Kaminski@telus.com>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com

Not sure I understand. First, why reinvent the wheel?
 There are a number of software firewalls that run on
W2K server, from enterprise to host based. Or you
could use the TCP/IP filtering on the Advanced tab of
the TCP/IP Settings dialog box.

If you don't know port you need, sounds like you need
to first learn what apps you're using.

(http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~rakerman/port-table.html)

http://taxes.yahoo.com/