Re: Detailed Port Filtering

From: Joseph Brown (emailjoebrown@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/05/02

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:01:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Joseph Brown <emailjoebrown@yahoo.com>
To: Kevin Kaminski <Kevin.Kaminski@telus.com>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com

Not sure I understand. First, why reinvent the wheel?
 There are a number of software firewalls that run on
W2K server, from enterprise to host based. Or you
could use the TCP/IP filtering on the Advanced tab of
the TCP/IP Settings dialog box.

If you don't know port you need, sounds like you need
to first learn what apps you're using.

(http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~rakerman/port-table.html)
> but it covers a
> limited range of services. I could sit with a
> sniffer and take the server
> through it's paces but I was wondering if someone
> would know a good resource
> that could help an NT Administrator make sound
> decisions while building a
> port filter.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Error message 0x800CCC0f
    ... My AT&T/Yahoo port 465/SSL setting works fine. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... I got a hold of a tech from AT&T Yahoo ... Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error message 0x800CCC0f
    ... I got a hold of a tech from AT&T Yahoo ... patch to fix port 465 I didn't find one. ... originally reported and still can't send e-mails from Windows Mail. ... Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Freecycle leads to Yahoo email woes
    ... to get a Yahoo Account ID plus Password plus email address. ... From memory it involved reasonably standard pop and smtp server names ... but SSL port numbers. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Error message 0x800CCC0f
    ... You're getting that error message because you've got the SSL option ... port number from 995 to 587. ... Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: ... Your reccomended Yahoo! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error message 0x800CCC0f
    ... port number from 995 to 587. ... Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: ... Your reccomended Yahoo! ... Example of Error 521 message that stops outging mail from Windows Mail: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)