Re: Null session in Windows XP

From: sonik (sonikntails@binarii.com)
Date: 03/28/02

Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:06:08 -0500
From: sonik <sonikntails@binarii.com>
To: "Evans, TJ" <tjevans@kpmg.com>

Even when you set your settings that way, I have still on about 8/10
machines been able to log on with null sessions.

Evans, TJ wrote:

>OOC - WinXP Pro or Home?
>(I use Pro, and the following worked for me ... )
>
>Have you tried using the Local Security Policy snapin?
>Security Options, Network Access:
> Allow Anonymous ... (1 entry, should set to
>disabled)
>And Do Not Allow Anonymous ... (2 entries, should set to
>enabled)
>

>Thanks!
>TJ

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Null session in Windows XP
    ... Have you tried using the Local Security Policy snapin? ... I have a problem with restricting null user access to Windows XP. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Null session in Windows XP
    ... Null session in Windows XP ... would fully prevent this enumeration. ... >I have a problem with restricting null user access to Windows XP. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Null session in Windows XP
    ... Null session in Windows XP ... would fully prevent this enumeration. ... >I have a problem with restricting null user access to Windows XP. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Null session in Windows XP
    ... I have a problem with restricting null user access to Windows XP. ... MSKB Q246261: How to Use the RestrictAnonymous Registry Value ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Null session in Windows XP
    ... Null sessions can *always* be established to NT4, Windows 2000, and Windows ... would fully prevent this enumeration. ... >I have a problem with restricting null user access to Windows XP. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)