ADSI and delegation

From: raymond simon (desperate_straights@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/26/02

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:47:49 -0800 (PST)
From: raymond simon <desperate_straights@yahoo.com>
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

We are in the process of developing ADSI code for AD
maintenence. We have an application for which we wish
to delegate all ID administration to an OU
administrator. We have all the code finished to
create the OU, groups (required for application
security) and "Security Manager" (OU admin), but the
delegation is somewhat less than obvious. I found
some samle code via g00gle, but when I look at the
GUID referenced, it it a Terminal Services GUID (on
our DC. Any pointers, other sample code, etc is
appreciated

Ray

http://movies.yahoo.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Child Local Administrators
    ... delegating Active Directory Service Administration. ... Domain Configuration and DC Administor rights (both of which are ... I would prefer not to grant many admins write access to the configuration ... KB if you are not able to delegate just the required parts. ...
  • Re: IIS6 and Deleagated Administration
    ... I want to be able to delegate Web Site ... > and Application Pool administration to individual owners ... In one of the TechEd presentations, one of the lead program managers for IIS ...
  • Re: Administration Best Practice
    ... This paper contains all the information that you need to delegate tasks to ... distributed Active Directory environment requires dividing administrative ... efficient delegation of administration. ... >> Administrator account. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)