RE: Group Policies on OUs not Propagated

From: Kevan Smith (KCSmith@tideworks.com)
Date: 03/22/02

From: Kevan Smith <KCSmith@tideworks.com>
To: "'comprepsrv@yahoo.com'" <comprepsrv@yahoo.com>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:46:31 -0800

To force your GPOs to be re-applied, run from the command line from the
client in question:

        secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce
        secedit /refreshpolicy user_policy /enforce

If you need to undo changes made by a GPO, you may first need to re-apply
"setup security.inf" by typing:
        secedit /configure /db mysystem /cfg
"c:\winnt\security\templates\setup security.inf" /overwrite
or add the Security Configuration and Analysis template to an MMC console to
do reapply the setup security policy interactively.

More info can be obtained through KB article Q227302 or Q227448, or by
typing at the console:
        secedit /?

Cheers,

Kevan Smith