RE: ISA-Server Problem

From: Alex Elger (alex.elger@micronage.com)
Date: 03/21/02

From: "Alex Elger" <alex.elger@micronage.com>
To: "Lasantha Nissanke" <nissanke@unilink.lk>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:07:27 -0000

Try adding in akadns.net
This is what www.yahoo.com resolves to if you ping it.

Alex Elger
Micronage Ltd
alex.elger@micronage.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Lasantha Nissanke [mailto:nissanke@unilink.lk]
Sent: 21 March 2002 3:08 AM
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Subject: ISA-Server Problem

I am having a problem with ISA Server 2000. Here is
my platform.

I have installed ISA server 2000 (With Windows SP2
and ISA SP 1) on an array and this is integrated with
Active Directory. This is working properly.

I want to block several users accessing all the
websites except yahoo.

So, I cave created a destination set call "yahoo" and
add "*.yahoo.com" and "*.yahoo.com/*" to that
destination.

Then in "site and content ruless", I have created a
new rule. Settings are as followed:

Destination:
        This rule applies to: All Destination Except
Selected Set
        Name: yahoo

Schedule: Always

Action: Denied

Applies to: users and groups specified from--> user
list (from AD)

Http Content: All content group.

But, problem is this is not working in any way. It
blocks every thing including yahoo for the selected
users.

Is this a bug of isa server?

Anyone knows how to fix this?

BR
Lasantha Nissanke

Relevant Pages

  • RE: ISA-Server Problem
    ... Your S&C rule should be an "allow" rule that uses the "Yahoo" ... Your "Yahoo" destination set should include: ... This allows ISA to block any request except that contained in the DS. ... Subject: ISA-Server Problem ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: ISA-Server Problem
    ... I believe that ISA by default has a Deny All rule at the end of the ... traffic to Yahoo passes buy this rule but is then killed by the Deny All ... Selected Set ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Access rule for Hotmail & Yahoo mail in ISA 2000 server
    ... I understand that you want Business office ... group only to access 3 web sites, but you get error page when logon yahoo ... As I know, the logon pages for yahoo mail and hotmail thru HTTPS, so I ... Please help to gather the ISA Info: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Blocking Yahoo causing issues with DHCP?
    ... To make sure your SBS 2003 server have right network configuration. ... I'd like to confirm the deny rule about Yahoo ... What's edition of your ISA? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Blocking Yahoo causing issues with DHCP?
    ... To make sure your SBS 2003 server have right network configuration. ... I'd like to confirm the deny rule about Yahoo ... What's edition of your ISA? ... Please follow the link and download and run the Microsoft Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)