RE: account lockout problems

From: barath br (ntbug2000@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/21/02

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:33:44 -0800 (PST)
From: barath br <ntbug2000@yahoo.com>
To: Lee Seidman <lseidman@yahoo.com>

Yes immediate lockout. No waiting for the next logon
or anything.

The user hits yes and immediately, the user is
informed that the account is locked out.

I realize that it is a rather peculiar problem. But I
would really appreciate it any of you win-experts out
here could suggest some solution to the problem :)

Also, another critical piece of the puzzle I found
just today is that the problem started occuring only
after the server crashed once and exchange which is
used internally got corrupted too. (Then again, I
don't really know if it is critical, but rather
something I just learned today from people who have
been around at this org longer than me). The system
was taken down and a new copy of the OS reinstalled
(We didn't have any enterprise backup options in place
at that point)

Thanks,
Barath

--- Lee Seidman <lseidman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> And it locks it out immediately (e.g., no failed
> attempts three times THEN the lockout)?
>
> --- bdoub <ntbug2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > yes - 3
> >
> > Barath

http://movies.yahoo.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Fw: Setting Account Lockout Policies with a NT PDC
    ... > workstation local accounts (the local admin account ... > account) to specific lockout policies (account ... Do You Yahoo!? ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: OE & Yahoo Mail
    ... I receive mail from 4 yahoo accts on my PC, ... YahooPOPs *emulates* UIDL by using the message-ID from the URL returned ... unique for the life of a freebie Yahoo webmail account but it has been ... incoming mail, which causes me to have to use Port 123 for YPops, on the ...
  • Re: OE & Yahoo Mail
    ... I receive mail from 4 yahoo accts on my PC, ... YahooPOPs *emulates* UIDL by using the message-ID from the URL returned ... unique for the life of a freebie Yahoo webmail account but it has been ... incoming mail, which causes me to have to use Port 123 for YPops, on the ...
  • Re: Help with OE 6/IE 7
    ... Have you obtained new email addresses from Yahoo and TDS? ... OE stops responding whenever I switch to it, ... I haven't tried uninstalling IE7, ... If you add the TDS account to the first identity above (the one running ...
  • Re: Help with OE 6/IE 7
    ... Have you obtained new email addresses from Yahoo and TDS? ... I haven't tried uninstalling IE7, ... If you add the TDS account to the first identity above (the one ...