RE: account lockout problems

From: barath br (ntbug2000@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/21/02

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:33:44 -0800 (PST)
From: barath br <ntbug2000@yahoo.com>
To: Lee Seidman <lseidman@yahoo.com>

Yes immediate lockout. No waiting for the next logon
or anything.

The user hits yes and immediately, the user is
informed that the account is locked out.

I realize that it is a rather peculiar problem. But I
would really appreciate it any of you win-experts out
here could suggest some solution to the problem :)

Also, another critical piece of the puzzle I found
just today is that the problem started occuring only
after the server crashed once and exchange which is
used internally got corrupted too. (Then again, I
don't really know if it is critical, but rather
something I just learned today from people who have
been around at this org longer than me). The system
was taken down and a new copy of the OS reinstalled
(We didn't have any enterprise backup options in place
at that point)

Thanks,
Barath

--- Lee Seidman <lseidman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> And it locks it out immediately (e.g., no failed
> attempts three times THEN the lockout)?
>
> --- bdoub <ntbug2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > yes - 3
> >
> > Barath

http://movies.yahoo.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Fw: Setting Account Lockout Policies with a NT PDC
    ... > workstation local accounts (the local admin account ... > account) to specific lockout policies (account ... Do You Yahoo!? ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: OE & Yahoo Mail
    ... I receive mail from 4 yahoo accts on my PC, ... YahooPOPs *emulates* UIDL by using the message-ID from the URL returned ... unique for the life of a freebie Yahoo webmail account but it has been ... incoming mail, which causes me to have to use Port 123 for YPops, on the ...
  • Re: OE & Yahoo Mail
    ... I receive mail from 4 yahoo accts on my PC, ... YahooPOPs *emulates* UIDL by using the message-ID from the URL returned ... unique for the life of a freebie Yahoo webmail account but it has been ... incoming mail, which causes me to have to use Port 123 for YPops, on the ...
  • Re: Help with OE 6/IE 7
    ... Have you obtained new email addresses from Yahoo and TDS? ... OE stops responding whenever I switch to it, ... I haven't tried uninstalling IE7, ... If you add the TDS account to the first identity above (the one running ...
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Yahoo recommends you write down account information
    ... Like I marked up earlier in this thread, its not about how an account would ... The highlight of the thread is that once again i've proved Yahoo does not ... way they don't take the threat of folks following folks home to break into ... MARK, you're Yahoo's top security advisor, and I respect you off ...
    (Full-Disclosure)