RE: HFNetChk Pro vs. other means to push out updates

From: Paul Hemstock (paul.hemstock@hosteurope.com)
Date: 03/19/02

From: Paul Hemstock <paul.hemstock@hosteurope.com>
To: "'emann@questinc.org'" <emann@questinc.org>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:58:16 -0000

we are currently comparing it against stbernard.com's UpdateEXPERT, and
whilst in the early stages of evaluating, ( i got the shavlik software
yesterday ) HFNetChk Pro has one clear advantage for me.

The servers to scan can be specified by ip address, whereas in UpdateEXPERT
only machines in local and neighboring domains show and there does not
appear to be an easy way to force it to see other domains ( for instance,
machines without domains )

other than that, i'd be interested in what others have to say on the subject
myself.

Paul Hemstock