Re: Web Services

From: Paul Heinlein (heinlein@measurecast.com)
Date: 03/08/02

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:53:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein@measurecast.com>
To: Jacob McMaster <jmcmaster@appliedsystems.com>

I've received false scans from web servers when the server sends a 404
page with HTTP 200 headers. This often happens if there's a CGI script
generating the error pages. If you're running roll-your-own error pages,
e.g.,

  ErrorDocument 404 /cgi-bin/not_here.cgi

then make sure the CGI script (or whatever) is sending real 404 status
headers.

If that's not the problem, ignore this post :-)

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@measurecast.com>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Python CGI - Presenting a zip file to user
    ... I'm working on a cgi script that zips up files and presents the zip ... file to the user for download. ... from StringIO import StringIO ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: [SLE] Premature end of script headers: search.pl (this time to the list)
    ... the cgi script is ending without providing headers and maybe content to return to the client. ... check /etc/httpd/httpd.conf to find where the log files are. ... it will appear in the error log file for the site you are viewing. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: mysterious line in my script - what does it all mean?
    ... not mean the data will not contain additional headers. ... the form which was designed to contact this CGI script is the only way ... This is programmer stupidity, not code stupidity. ... Why would Mail::Sender do any taint checking? ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Safari treats text/html as text/plain
    ... I've been writing a new CGI script to do a sort of session login for some friends. ... so I decided to test it against the other browsers that I have installed on my Mac ... There aren't any extra blank lines in the headers. ... The type stuff in the HTML is also ignored, but that's understandable if Safari doesn't ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: cgi_bin
    ... provided by the web host has some magic property. ... I can put a cgi script ... and best practices for structuring web sites. ... a NG that actually deals with web servers and web sites. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)