Automatic Updates on XP Pro

From: Thor@HammerofGod.com
Date: 03/08/02

From: Thor@HammerofGod.com
To: FOCUS-MS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:09:31 -0800

Relevant Pages

  • Automatic Updates Administrative Template win 2k server
    ... I've configured wuau.adm template to set automatic update settings on ... clients from active directory in server 2000 on 2000 pro clients. ... windows updates downloaded and installed automatically from the windows ...
  • Re: Middle Finger Salute
    ... the computer had rebooted because of an automatic update. ... I wonder if that middle finger salute shouldn't have been to ... left to its default settings - Windows *will* install updates and reboot as ... One can determine how/if Windows will retrieve/install updates for them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: I am sick of windows firewall
    ... Automatic update starts downloading updates. ... changed to "install updates and shutdown". ... Firewall/ AntiVirus in so many disconnected options and window ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: Win2k SP3
    ... One item is in the EULA, a legally binding ... the other is an implementation detail. ... Updates will not download any updates until someone has configured it to do ... You can disable the automatic update service through the services mmc ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Automatic Updates on XP Pro
    ... I have used XP pro for a while now with auto-update ... set the same way (Download and notify). ... >I am curious to see how others are faring with the Automatic Update feature ... >Automatic Updates enabled with the "Download the updates automatically and ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)