Re: Patch Downloading from Microsoft

From: Vincent Lee (vlee@giftssoft.com)
Date: 02/22/02

From: "Vincent Lee" <vlee@giftssoft.com>
To: "Samuel Zechariah Harvey" <slyde@polartek.net>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:03:59 -0500

Depending on which version of Windows you have, via Windows XP you can
configure Windows Update (while you are at the site only) to download the
patches using the catalog feature. I can't post the exact steps since I have
Windows 98 installed at work (from where I am posting this). Vaguely, if you
connect to Windows Update, there is an option on the left side for Windows
Update Catalog. I believe this will eventually allow you to download
individual patches to your hard drive. Hope this helps.