Re: SQL SA password

From: Stephen J. Friedl (steve@unixwiz.net)
Date: 02/15/02

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:52:34 -0800
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
From: "Stephen J. Friedl" <steve@unixwiz.net>

At 01:25 PM 2/14/2002, RICH ROHRICH wrote:
>Anyone know of a way to retrieve or break the SA password for a SQL
>database on a Windows2000 server. We accidently locked ourselves out of a
>box. If I should post this elsewhere please let me know.

I had to do this with Sybase, and it ought to work the same for MS-SQL:

"Hacking Sybase for the NT Administrator"
http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/hack-sybase.html

Steve
Stephen J. Friedl / Software Consultant / Tustin, CA / 714-544-6561

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Backups have Shadow Copy Problems
    ... and restarted the server. ... suggested and changed the recovery model to simple on the one database called ... I understand the issue to be: the backup task failed ... You back up data from a volume that contains a Microsoft SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: upsizing to sql 2005
    ... the word SERVER in it, ... You can access to the database by multiple means (Access, ... and how does it update the SQL database with the new records in Access? ... Query Name: Arcadia - ARC ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Linked Tables in Access
    ... any use of SQL Passthru, Linked Tables or any other use of MDB / MDE ... server, or would I also need to convert *those* queries to passthrough ... I've been trying to understand why Access database files become corrupt. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Leveling by ID vs. "Standard"
    ... of this trade called Project Management. ... a database for the "Project Tables," ... to write reports on data from the server database. ... product supporting queries created with SQL. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Trouble Getting VS.Net 2003 WalkThroughs MSDE Connection
    ... Config Tool of SQL Server? ... > link to download the PUBs database. ... >>> Setup and they directed me to install MSDE and they attached a ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)