RE: How to turn on the Macro prompt on MS Of

From: Moorhouse, Walt P (WaltPMoorhouse@eaton.com)
Date: 02/15/02

From: "Moorhouse, Walt P" <WaltPMoorhouse@eaton.com>
To: 'Andy Pham' <apham@rejuvenation.com>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:26:41 -0500

Andy,

You can turn it off manually by going into Tools, General tab, uncheck Macro
Virus protection. I think Word and Excel both have this, and you have to
check it in each. You should have been able to find this in help. You did
RTFM, right? :-) As for a reg value, I don't have the time at work to find
out, but I'll tell you how you can find out. Go into regedit and export the
complete tree. Go into word and excel and uncheck the box, then go back
into regedit and export the full tree again. Then use your favorite
comparison program to find what changed. Hexworkshop is good for Windows,
or if you have access to a Linux box you can use diff... Or you could write
a quick and dirty program using string compares in your favorite language.
Then just pull the lines that changed out of the reg file and set them how
you want them. You can merge them in the login script. Good luck.

Walt

---
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.  Teach a man to fish, he starts a
fishing business and pulls in more money than you, and then laughs because
you spent all the time and money on school to become an overworked,
underpaid, overqualified, burned-out IT professional, who wishes you could
get a day off to go fishing!

-----Original Message----- From: Andy Pham [mailto:apham@rejuvenation.com] Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 2:39 PM To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com Subject: How to turn on the Macro prompt on MS Of

Hi,

Actually I have two questions. First, can you turn off the Macro prompt in MS office manually? (MS office will prompt you when you receive a Macro file if you want to run Macro or not)

Secondly, if it can be turn off manually in MS Office, is there the way I can edit the registry so that it'll be turn on when the users log in the network? (with .reg files)

Any help will be appreciated.

AP

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VBA: For Count, when count changes from cell to cell
    ... with Excel 2000. ... reporting Macro being unavailable. ... Sub CalculateI3() ... means that you can refer to it in a cell just like a built-in Excel function. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Sorting macro needed on a protected sheet
    ... they all have Excel 2003, before reposting this thread as a new discussion to ... you will still be prompted to enter a password when running your macro even ... closing the password dialog box performed the sort macro anyway without ... Autofiltering can be restored without having to close & ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Exporting Hierarchy to Excel (Jack`s Macro)
    ... Now an empty Excel ... Sub dwn ... How exactly did you copy Jack's code into the VB editor? ... contains Jack's macro? ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Excel 2007 AutoFilter problem
    ... It confirms my belief that something did change from having used the same sheets and macro for a long time in Excel 2002. ... I mention this because there is at least one known bug I have uncovered as a result of having installed that: the "Analysis ToolPak" and "Analysis ToolPak - VBA" Add-Ins switch without warning to German -- though I run Excel in English -- at some point shortly after installing Office and the Language Pack. ... Clarifying, in case it needs such -- I only apply the filter once too, if by that you mean turn on filtering. ... Oddly, I do not always have auto-filter mode turned off when I run my macro, and in fact usually do *not* have it turned off, so I would not have expected that snippet of code I showed to make any difference as to when in the sheet-generation process it shows up. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Template WANTED
    ... first a little about the 'why' of macro security settings. ... Close Excel. ... One of the added options in Excel 2007 is to designate 'trusted locations'. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)