RE: SQL SA password

From: K.A. (
Date: 02/15/02

From: "K.A." <>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:31:37 +0100

If you have a SQL 2000 server, and the SQL server is configured to use
Windows Authentication, then any user with Administrator privileges can
configure it (I recommend a Domain Admin).
If you cannot do this, i think the only solution is to reinstall the sql
        -Stop the SQL Server from the Service Manager/SQL Server Agent
aren't -Uninstall it
        -Remove the SQL Server folder
        -Install the SQL Server, and attach your old databases.
Note: with this procedure, you will lose all of your configured user
And.. you can use a brute force method to guess the SA pass:
Just write a small program, which tries to connect to server thru ADO
with all possible passwords. (If you need help, just drop me a line :) )