ActiveX and IE 5

From: Kelley John C. J9C548 (kelleyj@je.jfcom.mil)
Date: 02/14/02

From: "Kelley John C. J9C548" <kelleyj@je.jfcom.mil>
To: "Focus-Ms (E-mail)" <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:15:06 -0500

Greets all,
        I have a engineer asking about how IE handles other Mobile Codes...I
quote him..."that IE treats other-than-ActiveX
objects as ActiveX (macromedia shockwave, flash, etc., not to mention .pdf
files as well-I think"

        RFC ?

-John Kelley

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Macromedia Flash Activex Buffer overflow
    ... Just because I like flash... ... Macromedia Flash Activex Buffer overflow ... > night confirmed the link we used to install the ocx now had the fixed, ... > There has been considerable debate about legacy activex objects which have ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Technical advice needed
    ... I then picked one of the Videos, ... try this URL/Link to the actual .SWF (ShockWave Flash) ... ActiveX is what is used to actually Run the Flash Player PlugIn ... when you try to Load it directly like that. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: linux-flashplugin7
    ... I expect there to be Linux drivers released simply due to the heavy support in the Linux world for AMD hardware. ... just about as much actual content as the flash presentations about it. ... Same goes for things being released in PDF. ... In a free market the only way around that is to come out with a better product that will force them out. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Ten least secure programs
    ... I agree with Chris. ... I normally surf with ActiveX set to "Prompt" ... >>It won't load Flash, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, or most other ... I see fewer and fewer java applets each month. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Macromedia Flash Activex Buffer overflow
    ... Macromedia Flash Activex Buffer overflow ... Flash Activex Ocx Version 6, ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)