RE: local login rights

From: Eli Allen (eallen@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us)
Date: 01/23/02

From: "Eli Allen" <eallen@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
To: "Rich Wilson" <wk633@yahoo.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:56:43 -0500

That article is wrong. I know I didn't disable the account manually yet the
account is disabled when the User Accounts control panel says the user is
off (i.e. when I turn off the account) and enabled when it gets turned on.

Eli

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... I meant to say that I never use the built in guest account - ... problem accessing the internet with it as it uses that same network ...
  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... taking advantage of the built in Help for XP. ... you are saying about the guest account. ... problem accessing the internet with it as it uses that same network ...
  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... you are saying about the guest account. ... Enabling the built in guest account can be a security risk ... problem accessing the internet with it as it uses that same network ... enable the Guest Account is "an" administrator account. ...
  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... books, Microsoft resourses, etc. ... Guest account, ... We have a wireless network with the Belkin Pre-N Router ...
  • Re: Stupid Question #1
    ... The Guest Account under XP Pro ... Enabling the Guest account on the local machine is a question only ... Confusion on the definition of 'disabling'. ... Simple File Sharing = ForceGuest. ...