Re: Need Registry Info

From: JiaQuan Ma (Jiaquan@drexel.edu)
Date: 01/19/02

From: "JiaQuan Ma" <Jiaquan@drexel.edu>
To: "Castro, Debra S" <debra.castro@eds.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 21:45:50 -0500

Hi, All:

If you press CTRL+ALT+DEL on Windows 2000, you will get 6 options, it means
nothing if you disable the feature of "cancel", "log off", and "shutdown".
For the rest of three, you can create the following keys under

HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

By default, "System" is not there. You will need to create one if you don't
have it. Then add the keys and assign the value as the following.

For Lock Workstation, add a DWORD key "DisableLockWorkstation", assign 0 for
enable lock workstation and 1 for disable.

For Change Password, add a DWORD key "DisableChangePassword", assign 0 for
enable change password and 1 for disable.

For Task Manager, add a DWORD key "DisableTaskMgr", assign 0 for enable Task
Manager, and 1 for disable.

But I strongly suggest you not to disable Task Manager so that the user can
kill the hung processes or applications.

Additional registry can be found in the following websites:

http://www.ntfaq.com
http://www.regedit.com

Thank you very much.

Best Regard,