Re: Integrated patch

From: Paul Langton (plangton@start.com.au)
Date: 01/15/02

From: Paul Langton <plangton@start.com.au>
To: "Kevin.Kaminski@telus.com" <Kevin.Kaminski@telus.com>, "ccntv1@hotmail.com" <ccntv1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 0:09:47 +0000

Using the IEAK this is quite easy - in the screen entitled "Add Custom
Components" I add each patch there as a seperate "component" - with
the parameter "/Q:A" (minus quotes), install conditions as "Install
after system restarts", and tick the box titled "Only install if
Internet Explorer is installed successfully". Works a treat here.

Hope this helps

Paul

Original message from: "Kevin Kaminski" <Kevin.Kaminski@telus.com>

>I just tried the custom component route to the hotfix and it saves me
some
>scripting grief. I am still trying to figure out if the patch is
applied
>upon user logon does the machine still need a second reboot to ensure
the
>code is in place.

Installer
>but the machine still has to perform two reboots.

  • Re: Office 2003 Updates error - ouerror.gif (0/1)
    ... it would not let me install ... attempting to install any of the individual, downloaded patch EXE?s? ... No valid sequence could be found for the set of patches. ... Office Professional Edition 2003 Version 11.0.6361.0: ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Office Supplemental Release (October 2009)
    ... if MS can't use "custom XML", how can they continue to sell solutions that are entirely based on "custom XML", for example any solution that involves Word, Sharepoint, and Sharepoint properties? ... I do not have the patch so cannot test that side of things. ... My PC is setup to automatically download and install MS updates, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Errors applying kernel patch 118833-36
    ... install of Solaris 10 11/06. ... However, once the package list is done, I see a worrisome message: ... Below is the complete console output of the patch run. ... Changes for package SUNWnfsskr will not be applied to the system. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • problem installing patches ufter upgrade of Solaris 10u2
    ... download directory. ... Failed to install patch 119081-23. ... Reason code:0 ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Office Supplemental Release (October 2009)
    ... the patch is "required for the United States", ... Word will no longer read the Custom XML ... My PC is setup to automatically download and install MS updates, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)