Re: NT/IIS decoy

From: John Redd (reddjohn@yahoo.com)
Date: 12/09/01

Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 20:18:22 -0800 (PST)
From: John Redd <reddjohn@yahoo.com>
To: lambott@aol.com

Two options:

1) Use a hex editor (UltraEdit) and manually edit the
w3svc.dll replacing any reference of Microsoft-IIS/5.0
(or Microsoft-IIS/4.0)

2) Felipe Moniz has created banner editors for apache,
IIS, M$ FTP and M$ SMTP and can be downloaded at
http://www.nstalker.com/banners.php

Regards,

John

>Does anyone know how to hide or mask the identity of
>a IIS 4.0 or 5.0
>server such that if a "GET" command is issued
>following a telnet to the
>server on port 80, the server will display a
>different server type so
>as to hide it's true identity.

http://greetings.yahoo.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose IIS. ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to create good web forms in. ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on a PC but if you only use PHP why not use Apache for Windows. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... Apache running on a Linux server. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... my Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... can run asp on Apache, ... in running php from IIS vs Apache. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... my Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose IIS. ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to create good web forms in. ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on a PC but if you only use PHP why not use Apache for Windows. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... on my Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... you can run asp on Apache, ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on ...
    (alt.php)