RE: Encryption between standalone hosts

From: Stuart Fox (DSL AK) (StuartF@datacom.co.nz)
Date: 11/15/01

From: "Stuart Fox (DSL AK)" <StuartF@datacom.co.nz>
To: 'David Arnold' <dave.arnold@dynegy.com>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Encryption between standalone hosts
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:42:49 +1300

Which won't work so well, given that both machines are behind NAT. IKE
doesn't work with NAT'ted devices.

Cheers

Stu

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Encryption between standalone hosts
    ... Subject: Encryption between standalone hosts ... Behind NAT, meaning two different NATted networks, or behind NAT, meaning ... both machines are on the same NATted network behind the same NAT router? ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Encryption between standalone hosts
    ... Subject: Encryption between standalone hosts ... You might want to set up a tunnel between the machines using Microsoft's ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Not enough salt for high speed server connection
    ... > they are free to be of any design the management approves. ... > information is considered quite sensitive so strength of encryption is ... How is this salt used? ... > As you would expect the machines with higher clock speeds were able to ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE: Comcast and IPSec traffic
    ... As per the CCIE Routing TCP/IP vol2 book page 346 Encryption paragraph: ... Amother concern is VPN's using for example, IPSec. ... you must place the NAT on the secure side rather than the ... And they're NAT'ed this saves Comcast ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Active Directory Questions
    ... That is the Windows Time Service. ... the rest of the machines aren't hard coded to sync with anything and then they ... Windows encryption stuff but does plug into Outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)