RE: Advanced batch files for Hotfix Reporter... <command line ema iler>

From: Evans, TJ (tjevans@kpmg.com)
Date: 11/10/01

From: "Evans, TJ" <tjevans@kpmg.com>
To: "'focus-ms'" <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Advanced batch files for Hotfix Reporter... <command line ema iler>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 22:14:56 -0500

I use gbmail ... assuming you have an email server somewhere available <or a
open relay :)> ... nice, small footprint, and functional .. requires no
other services/servers running. Options include <example>:

gbmail [-v] -to <addres> [-file <filename>] [-h <smtp_server_name>]
        [-p <port_number>] [-from <addres>] [-cc <Cc:>] [-bcc <Bcc:>]
        [-s <Subject:>] [-t <timeout>]

I use this for several of our self-monitoring machines ... or to send error
messages, etc.

Thanks!
TJ

From: from@domain.com
To: to@domain.com
Subject: Results

<...write out your contents here...>

<End the file with two blank lines.>

What I've done in the past with applications, is simply write out whatever I
want to a file, then prepend the above 5 lines to the file and ensure two
blank lines at the end. I them move the file into the pickup folder.

Works great, and only takes 1-2 seconds for SMTP to pick it up and deliver
it.

'til later
Gord T.