SecuRemote(VPN) and Outlook

From: Lists (lists@paladinss.com)
Date: 10/30/01

From: "Lists" <lists@paladinss.com>
To: <FOCUS-MS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM>
Subject: SecuRemote(VPN) and Outlook
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:20:09 -0800

I have a client that is having timing out problems with Outlook
(configured for Exchange, not POP3) inside a SecuRemote tunnel.

They are using LMHosts files for name resolution.

If they click update on the SecuRemote software. The connection (Outlook
to Exchange will work fine) for 30-90 minutes and then hang. We have to
kill Outlook and restart it.

This happens regardless of client (Win95/98/Win2000).

Any thoughts?

TIA,

Ben

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Global Address Book Update
    ... "Download Address Book" from Outlook. ... > the GAL on Exchange server. ... On the Outlook client ... > Additional information about outlook clients and GAL updates time ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Forwarding E-mails to external Addresses
    ... > We have Exchange 2000 and OutlookXP, All rules work except the ones to ... Once the client has successfully configured the desired ... the Exchange Server will apply the rules ... Outlook program does not need to be running at ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • RE: Outlook trying to connect.......
    ... their primary DNS entry and also the Wins server IP address for Netbios name ... The Outlook clients all have SP2 and all pcs are running Windows XP SP2. ... On the client pc I have been getting the following event ids: ... does outlook client connect to exchange server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OWA and missing attachments
    ... The sender was an Exchange Outlook 2003 Client in LAN, ... If you have Trend Microsoft SMTP Gateway installed, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Global Address Book Update
    ... >>> outlook 2003 on a Windows 2000 clients using RPC over HTTP. ... Bring up ESM, Recipients, Offline Address Lists. ... On the Outlook client ... >>> updates the Offline Address Book on the client every 24 hours. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)