MS Exchange2K security failure event 565

From: Robin Nicholson (rnicholson@mdtglobal.com)
Date: 10/27/01

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 07:20:44 -0700
From: Robin Nicholson <rnicholson@mdtglobal.com>
To: "Focus-Ms@Securityfocus. Com (E-mail)" <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Subject: MS Exchange2K security failure event 565

This is a new failure event for me that has shown up on an MS Exchange
2000 server.
I couldn't find adequate info at the microsoft site to explain what's
going on.

The error showed up after a denial of service error that required
rerunning Exchange setup with the /domainprep option.
The 2 usernames I get the error with have administrative control over a
specific organizational unit.

Has anyone seen this before? Can someone guide me in researching the
meaning of this event?

Robin Nicholson

------------------------------
Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Object Access
Event ID: 565
Date: 10/25/2001
Time: 8:39:42 AM
User: DOMAINNAME\USERNAME
Computer: COMPUTERNAME
Object Open:
  Object Server: Microsoft Exchange
  Object Type: Microsoft Exchange Logon
  Object Name: /o=Magnetic Data/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=USERNAME
  New Handle ID: -
  Operation ID: {0,7604779}
  Process ID: 2264
  Primary User Name: COMPUTERNAME$
  Primary Domain: DOMAINNAME
  Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)
  Client User Name: USERNAME
  Client Domain: USERNAME
  Client Logon ID: (0x0,0x730023)
  Accesses Unknown specific access (bit 8)

  Privileges -

 Properties:
Unknown specific access (bit 1)
Unknown specific access (bit 4)
  Send As

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exchange Disaster Recovery Server
    ... The backup server is setup also in the lab so I ... >>> The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. ... >>> Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Mail sitting in E2k3->E2k7 (Routing Group Connctor) Queue?
    ... I also have similar problem when some of the users somehow still sending to the old Routing group connectors? ... Looking at the Headers and the Queue on the 2003 server, ... Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 will delay. ... Seems like I would also need a Routing Connector on the 2000 to bridge to ...
  • Exchange 2003 SP1 periodicaly losses connection to active directory for about 30 minutes
    ... We have active directory in two servers but the mail server fails to ... the promotion of the server to active directory the exchange was up. ... After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, ...
  • Exchange 2003 SP1 periodicaly losses connection to active directory for about 30 minutes
    ... We have active directory in two servers but the mail server fails to ... the promotion of the server to active directory the exchange was up. ... After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.misc)
  • Re: LDAP Bind Unsuccessful
    ... We have a similar problem with Exchange 2003 and two DC servers 2003. ... After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, ... server that is designated to be a Global Catalog Server but did ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration)