RE: Something about ISA Server 2000...

From: Los, Ralph (rlos@EnvestNet.com)
Date: 10/25/01

From: "Los, Ralph" <rlos@EnvestNet.com>
To: "'Progenit Service S.r.l.'" <agente_progenit@public.iunet.it>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Something about ISA Server 2000...
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:56:06 -0500

Giancarlo,

        Unfortunately, yes I have both experience and opinion. I started to
play around with ISA 2000 a while ago, and now I run 3 CheckPoint FW-1's.
Nothing beats a CheckPoint, in my book, BUT, Netscreen is a great little
box, and Watchguard is worth the price as well for smaller offices.

        I'd stay away from ISA as a firewall, trust me, it's not something
you want to have to deal with...<shudder>....and I'm a Microsoft fan.

Regards

Ralph M. Los
Asst. Vice-President, Internet Systems and Security
EnvestnetPMC
rlos@envestnet.com
(312) 827-3945 (direct)
(312) 296-9003 (wireless w/voicemail)
* If you haven't been hacked, you don't know where your vulnerabilities lie*