Re: NT Server - 98 WkStn Highschool Lab - Help!

From: Chris Benson (cbenson@parkland.cc.il.us)
Date: 10/17/01

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:02:02 -0500
From: "Chris Benson" <cbenson@parkland.cc.il.us>
To: <adamkuj@mccoysworld.com>, <mistertumnus@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: NT Server - 98 WkStn Highschool Lab - Help!

Is there any chance you can move to either NT or 2000 for the clients? Mandatory roaming profiles and/or GPO's could be a big help. PC-Rdist is a good tool from what I've seen, but we haven't put it into production. From what I recall PC-Rdist needs a PXE compatible mainboard or nic to be truly automated. You might check your hardware on that.

-Chris

>>> Adam Kujawski <adamkuj@mccoysworld.com> 10/17/01 01:57PM >>>
You should check out PC-Rdist, available at http://www.pyzzo.com/. It can
be set to restore a hard drive to it's original configuration whenever the
computer is shut down. It is quite powerful.

-Adam