Re: Exchange 2000 configuration question

From: Eric Johansen (eric.johansen@reliastar.com)
Date: 10/12/01

From: "Eric Johansen" <eric.johansen@reliastar.com>
To: "Eric Johansen" <eric.johansen@reliastar.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Exchange 2000 configuration question
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:07:31 -0500

Thank you for the replies so far.

A few clarifications (sorry I left these out or wasn't clear) -

- This is a completely new domain, and it does not need to support an
existing domain in any way.
- The only way email is going to be accessed is through OWA, meaning no POP
or IMAP services are needed.
- It needs to support 2,000 users (which were limited to 25 msgs max on our
last system, so they are definitely light email users) that, again, will
only access this through the web.
- I plan on implementing 128-bit SSL, and the only ports open to the setup
will be port 80 (www), port 443 (ssl), and port 25 (smtp)...everything else
is firewalled as well as on an internal DMZ that separates things from the
rest.

My main question is what configuration works best if I have only two
machines to work with (and an extremely off chance I may have three to work
with) and I need to provide Outlook Web Access to 2,000 email users - which
means the following services have to be setup on the two boxes:

-IIS 5.0
-Exchange 2000
-Active Directory

I apologize for any confusion and I thank all of you for your time in
replying to my questions!

Eric