RE: TSAC (Terminal Services Advanced [?] Client)

From: Christopher Scragg (cscragg@workgroup.net)
Date: 10/09/01

Subject: RE: TSAC (Terminal Services Advanced [?] Client)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:28:42 -0400
From: "Christopher Scragg" <cscragg@workgroup.net>
To: <florian.duerr@dimensionx.ch>, <Thor@HammerofGod.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

Lets help Florian for a moment shall we? The mere fact that a
responsible organization would even allow Terminal Connections of any
type through a firewall - be it Citrix or Windows TS without the use of
a VPN is alarming.

Secondly, think outside the box for a moment, Florian. The use for
"multiple server windows" are for connectivity to multiple servers, not
multiple instances of the same session - that would be pointless.

For what it is worth, there is a Pre SP3 patch for Win2k <hold my
breath> available for the memory leaks you speak of. For your
convenience, I have provided a link to the patch:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/secur
ity/bulletin/MS01-040.asp

Christopher Scragg
Chief Technology Officer