Running IIS locally - advice?

From: dayseizer@excite.com
Date: 10/01/01

Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 08:34:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: dayseizer@excite.com
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Subject: Running IIS locally - advice?

I have an asp (Active Server Pages) application that I have to deploy
locally to laptops. The thought process was, let's people used to seeing
this app in their web browser, even though they're disconnected. Then it's
available on the intranet, no learning curve.

Problem is, now I'm faced with a couple thousand new IIS web servers
(whether they like to admit it or not). Worse off, people are going to take
these home and plug them into God knows what network. I'm starting to make
list of things I want installed, disabled, etc, on these laptops. I have
some questions about some of the things on my list:

1) Configure the web site to only be acessible from 127.0.0.1 Can this
address be spoofed on a w2k machine?

2) Install a personal Firewall, block everything incoming. Will this
interfere with requests to the Loopback interface?

Does anyone know of any products that will run asp pages sans IIS/PWS? I
know I have to point the browser "someplace." I'm wondering if there's a
creative solution that doesn't require my workstations listening for http
requests at all.

Thanks in advance,
-dazed

http://inbox.excite.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: asp/aspx support for Javascript in Apache?
    ... .asp is active server pages, .aspx is .net active server pages. ... > This perl module provides an Active Server Pages port to the Apache HTTP ... > For database access, ActiveX, and scripting language issues, please read ...
    (freebsd-isp)
  • Re: Major Problem-Active Server Pages error ASP 0240
    ... > I want to bring the follwing major problem for your kind ... Are you having the most recent SCRIPT version which comes with IE 6 ... compatible web farm Session replacement for Asp and Asp.Net ... > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0240' ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • asp/aspx support for Javascript in Apache?
    ... the way of anything too exotic with Apache -- mostly, ... called "Active Server Pages". ... Server with perl as the host scripting language. ... PScript implementation of perl for IIS ASP. ...
    (freebsd-isp)
  • Re: The Inquirer
    ... > write a web page in ASP (Active Server Pages) put it on a Microsoft OS ... You can see the HTML but can you see the embedded ASP ... Still doesn't sound very open source to me. ... Do you claim PHP not being open source because you can't see the PHP source ...
    (comp.os.vms)