RE: Windows Update

From: Lewis, Matt (mattl@hawkeyefoodservice.com)
Date: 09/24/01

From: "Lewis, Matt" <mattl@hawkeyefoodservice.com>
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Windows Update
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:19:28 -0500

I stopped using it(Windows Update) because it appears to regress some
patches in SP2. After applying SP2 on some machines, I went to it out of
curiousity and it told me it needed to download about 6 patches, some dating
back to October of last year. Then once I did that, I rebooted and the
machine still told me I was at SP2, but upon going to Windows Update it
informed me that I should install SP2. Anyone else notice this?

are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. This communication represents the originator's personal views
and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of Hawkeye Foodservice
Distribution, Inc.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: explorer although connected times out on pages
    ... I have the same problem on three machines that I installed SP2 (I will not ... Do not install driver updates from Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Backing up PST files from C drive to network
    ... > although we are not using SP2 on our machines as yet. ... or lack of it could be causing the problem. ... > are to check the patches, programs and services running on the machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: 0x800A0046 - Beyond the typical Microsoft Fixes, what else can we
    ... I was able to resolve this on my XP Pro (SP2) desktop. ... magically displayed my lan conenction and windows update started working. ... > I've read all the threads and have tried all the suggested Microsoft fixes. ... I am using the Administrator account as a Member Of only the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Windows Update
    ... Subject: Windows Update ... confirmed with Microsoft) is that there are a number of patches that are ... not included in SP2 that were released prior to its release. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: How does installing SP2 from a CD differ from using Windows Update
    ... I have ordered and received the SP2 CD. ... > web site, it says that I must have about 1 GB of free space. ... > the download from Windows Update is only about 70 MB, ... But this would take about 4 hours to download ...