Frontpage Server Extension on Production server.

From: Shin K. (shinnapongk@ttt.co.th)
Date: 09/15/01

From: "Shin K." <shinnapongk@ttt.co.th>
To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Frontpage Server Extension on Production server.
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:11:02 +0700

Hi all,

I'm going to deploy New Portal Site's web server.

Currently, our dev. team using frontpage server extension as
a collaboration solution which bring our guys very happy.
They can directly edit ASP files on the development server.

I plan not to enable frontpage server extension on the production
server, quite worried about unknown holes in it.

Anyone using FP extension with public website please tell that
Should I install FP extension (which will ease development team
when they need to modify some ASP pages)
Or I shouldn't, edit file locally and FTP modified file(s) to the server.

Thank you in advance.

Shin.
Software Engineer