RE: Proxy & Firewall for NT

From: Gawie Marais RFN IT (GMarais@Harmony.co.za)
Date: 08/23/01

From: Gawie Marais RFN IT <GMarais@Harmony.co.za>
To: 'CESAR JOSE SANCHEZ DE ALCAZAR CRUZ' <alcazar@CAFIE.US.ES>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Proxy & Firewall for NT
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:21:55 +0200

hhhmm, i would say the easiest is to install MS Proxy Server 2.0 which you
can install on the current NT Server running there or install it on a
seprate NT box. If you have configured a domain, it's quite cool actually
cause you can simply create a group called G_WWW or whatever and place all
the people that can access the internet into that group then give the group
access on the proxy server. It just makes stuff a little easier to manage.

Gawie J Marais
Networks & Systems Admin
HGM
South Africa