Proxy & Firewall for NT

From: CESAR JOSE SANCHEZ DE ALCAZAR CRUZ (alcazar@CAFIE.US.ES)
Date: 08/23/01

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:09:26 +0200
From: "CESAR JOSE SANCHEZ DE ALCAZAR CRUZ" <alcazar@CAFIE.US.ES>
To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Proxy & Firewall for NT

I'd like to get some information about software to install a proxy and a firewall under Windows NT.I know the adventages of linux under NT but
there are some kind of users who does not have any idea about Linux and need to use computers so I install Windows NT where I work and now We'll
get access to Internet and we want to install a proxy under this Operation
System.
Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Startup programs
    ... > If you don't wish to follow all of the advice immediately, ... I will assume a "Windows" operating system is what ... If there was more than one, install ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Latest Update Wreaked Havok - Cannot Restore
    ... track of what you install in order to be able to uninstall it. ... been diligent with your critical updates, ... Windows Update ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: partitioned hardrive and installing XP Pro
    ... the clean install method is the best by far... ... of contacting the Internet UNTIL you have activated the Windows XP ... download/instyall all critical updates. ... FIREWALL ...
  • Re: Service Pack 1 & 2
    ... but enable to install because of service pack 2. ... >> I recently reinstalled Windows XP home on a new hard disk because the ... >> I tried to install service pack 1 but was rejected from doing so. ... > Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: How do I get the Windows Update icon to stop notifying me of SP2?
    ... If you don't wish to follow all of the advice immediately, ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... If there was more than one, install them back ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)