RE: Windows 2000's Everyone permission

From: Matthew.van.Eerde@hbinc.com
Date: 08/23/01

From: Matthew.van.Eerde@hbinc.com
To: michael.white@lmscae.com, deji@prontomail.com, FOCUS-MS@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Windows 2000's Everyone permission
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:17:35 -0700

That wouldn't seem to be practical in a file server where each user had a
personal drive. Users would expect to be able to drag a file from their
private drive to a shared location and have anybody else be able to open the
file, but under Microsoft's recommendation they would have the additional
step of editing the permissions on the file (which is maybe too much to
expect of users.)

From: akomolafe [mailto:deji@prontomail.com]

"leave share perms as they stand"? Which Microsoft document says that?

Deji