RE: screensavers

From: Middleton, Marc A. (Marc.Middleton@Visalign.COM)
Date: 08/21/01

From: "Middleton, Marc A." <Marc.Middleton@Visalign.COM>
Subject: RE: screensavers
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:19:13 -0400

I never had problems with the older versions of webshots. Some of the newer
versions come bundled with spyware which I have seen hang machines. I think
it depends on where you download it from, but I have seen an application
called "WebHance" bundled with it that tracks internet usage and reports
back out to the net. Webshots alone with the auto update feature turned off
hasn't caused any problems that I have seen. After the install, check the
add/remove programs to see if anything else was installed.