RE: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL

From: Krogh, Jefferson (jeffrsonk@ksplastic.com)
Date: 08/20/01

From: "Krogh, Jefferson" <jeffrsonk@ksplastic.com>
To: "'FOCUS-MS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM'" <FOCUS-MS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM>
Subject: RE: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:48:40 -0700

Windows 98 & 2000 have "Windows Update," which is very similar in function
to up2date. Also, St. Bernard Software makes an awesome utility called
UpdateEXPERT which helps a ton with Windows, IIS, SQL, Exchange, IE, etc.
updates & service packs.

Jefferson Krogh, MCSE
IS Manager, Kennerley-Spratling, Inc.
"Darn good thing we're inside a Lego missile silo."
    --Greg, "User Friendly"
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20010801

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL
    ... I must say I am, overall, impressed with Hfnetchk. ... thing that Microsoft should have had out years ago. ... haven't been applied but won't tell me if I'm missing service packs. ... For instance, on the NT4 machine I'm testing this on, I have SQL Server ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL
    ... also listed in Q305285 FAQ for hfnetchk) ... >haven't been applied but won't tell me if I'm missing service packs. ... >For instance, on the NT4 machine I'm testing this on, I have SQL Server ... is there a URL that will show me which Microsoft products ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)